APA Format Training
- 1 Days
This APA Formatting training class provides guidelines to format reports, essays, and research documents according to the standards set by the American Psychological Association (APA), 6th edition. You will learn techniques for setting correct margins, spacing, headers, and title pages. You will also learn how to cite and list research sources correctly both in the text of the document and on the reference page. APA formatting includes grammar, spelling, and font size and type and creating an overall consistency in the final documents recognized by publishers throughout the industry.
- Learn to create properly spaced documents with correct margins and font style and size.
- Learn to insert headers with auto pagination on all pages.
- Learn to create a properly formatted cover page.
- Learn to cite valid research sources in the body of the document, tying those citations to the correctly formatted source listed on the reference page.
- Learn to edit for grammar and spelling errors.
- APA Basics
- Font and Line Spacing
- Header and Title Page
- Research and writing
- Executive Summary
- Validating sources
- Gathering information for citations/reference list
- In Text Citations
- Citing print sources
- Citing online sources
- Citing personal interview sources
- Reference Page
- Formatting Source List
- Organizing Source List
- Reference list vs. annotated bibliography
- Formatting Source List
- Edit for grammar errors
- Edit for spelling errors
- Review for organization
- Final Review
- Purpose for citations
- Purpose of reference list
- Purpose of format consistency
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.