Diversity Training for Employees and Managers
- 1 Days
This Diversity Training for Employees and Managers class brings people together by focusing on the things we have in common and the skills, characteristics, and talents that each person brings to the table. Diversity offers the opportunity for more viewpoints and more creative ideas within a group. Businesses today must be able to communicate, negotiate, collaborate, and associate in a diverse environment both internally and externally. Students will have the opportunity to improve team collaboration by learning and practicing more effective behaviors.
- Learn the definition of diversity and other related terms.
- Learn the advantages and complications of diversity in the workplace.
- Learn how to assess self-awareness of diversity.
- Learn the laws that protect against diversity discrimination.
- Learn how to implement the four cornerstones of diversity.
- Learn how to identify and promote individual differences.
- Learn how to recognize stereotypes and biases.
- Learn how to confront negativity and overcome diversity obstacles.
- Learn how to increase diversity awareness within the work environment.
- Learn how to communicate more effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Learn prevention methods for diversity discrimination.
- Learn how to identify and report diversity discrimination.
- Learn how to manage discrimination while encouraging diversity within a team.
- Understanding Diversity
- What is Diversity?
- Other Terms for Diversity
- Diversity Self-awareness
- History of Diversity in the Workplace
- Diversity Laws
- Cornerstones of Diversity
- Individual Differences
- Cultural Differences
- Personality Differences
- Generational Differences
- Diversity Obstacles
- Stereotypes and Biases
- Confronting Stereotypes and Biases
- Overcoming Obstacles and Increasing Diversity Awareness
- Active Listening
- Nonverbal Communication
- Body Language
- Speaking with Intent
- Diversity Discrimination
- Identifying Diversity Discrimination
- Taking Action against Diversity Discrimination
- Diversity Leadership
- Managing Diversity Discrimination
- Encouraging Diversity
- Common Pitfalls
- Creating a Successful and Diverse Team
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.