Introduction to Quickbooks 2011
- 2 Days
This Introduction to Quickbooks 2011 training class covers the fundamentals of using QuickBooks 2011. This class will be conducted using a current version of QuickBooks. Your instructor will point out the minor differences between versions where they exist. For our custom instructor-led online and onsite classes, we use the version of the software you use in your office.
NOTE: This class is geared for PC users only. Mac versions of the software are not supported in the training.
Note: If you are using an online version of the software, the steps outlined in the provided course manual may not exactly match. We recommend you download a student version for class.
- Learn to navigate the QuickBooks workspace and become comfortable with using shortcuts, menus, and icons.
- Learn to start, backup, and restore company files.
- Learn how to add new accounts.
- Learn how to create new customers, vendors, service items, and inventory items.
- Learn about forms.
- Learn how to eneter sales reeceipts, invoices, and credit memos.
- Learn how to enter credit card transactions.
- Learn the important QuickBooks features for entering and paying bills nad running reports
- Discovering the QuickBooks Work Area
- Navigating QuickBooks
- Accounting Concepts and QuickBooks Terminology
- QuickBooks Help Features
- Creating New Company Files
- Setup Checklist
- Creating the Company File
- Historical Transactions
- Backing Up Company Files
- Opening and Closing QuickBooks
- Opening a Company File
- Closing a Company File
- Reopening QuickBooks
- Customizing the Company Files Setup
- Customizing the Chart of Accounts
- Adding a Credit Card Account
- Adding Customers
- Adding Vendors
- Adding Items
- Adding Inventory Items
- Adding Multiple Entries to a List
- Customer Center and Customer Transactions
- Exploring the Customer Center
- QuickBooks Sales Process
- Creating a Sales Receipt
- Creating an Invoice
- Customer Payments
- Undeposited Funds
- Credit Memos and Refunds
- Customer Center Tasks
- Other Features of the Customer Center
- Vendor Center and Purchases
- Exploring the Vendor Center
- Writing Checks vs Entering Bills
- Paying Bills
- Credit Card Transactions
- Vendor Reports
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.