Leading IT Professionals
- 1 Days
A "Knowledge Worker" is best described as a person who works more with his/her mind than with his/her hands, uses trained judgment and creativity as part of his/her job, and uses professional expertise and acquired knowledge to perform needed tasks. This, in fact, is virtually everyone in IT.
This Managing Knowledge Workers training class provides unique insights, strategies, and techniques specifically designed to lead, manage, and grow the knowledge workers within IT organizations in all types of IT oriented professions.
- Understand methods and techniques to maximize your organization's bench strength.
- Gain the knowledge required to navigate key roadblocks and challenges related to implementing bench strength initiatives.
- Having the Right Questions, Not All the Answers.
- Making Decisions Using the Knowledge of Others.
- Measuring Output and Outcome, not Process.
- Ideal Knowledge Worker Environment .
- Goal Setting.
- Expectation Setting.
- On-boarding Techniques.
- Giving praise.
- Facilitating employee growth.
- Employee challenges.
- Management Time vs. Knowledge Worker Time.
- Zone-Based Staff Prioritization.
- Multi-Tasking vs. Single-Tasking.
- The Three Parts of Every Job.
- Macro vs. Micro Management.
- Knowledge Worker Marketability Issues.
- Coaching and Mentoring without Topical Knowledge.
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.