Cloud Computing Management
- 1 Days
Cloud computing has been a huge topic within the Information Technology (IT) community. This Cloud Computing Management training class discusses what cloud computing is, how it affects IT organizations and how it can be employed to maximize user satisfaction and IT effectiveness & minimize expenses.
The course discusses cloud computing pros and cons from an IT perspective, implications for IT management, the potential to magnify IT resources, possible morale issues, and dealing with high user expectations, capital expenditures, data security and other important issues.
- Knowledge of key cloud computing terms and vendors.
- Implications of cloud computing from an IT management perspective.
- Financial and cost center ramifications of cloud computing.
- Enhanced IT leadership perspectives of cloud advantages and disadvantages/
- Description of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Definitions Including Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds
- Cloud Product Categories Including Saas, PaaS, and IaaS
- Major Vendors and Players
- Overview of Major Cloud Platform, Service, and Software Providers
- Less Obvious Cloud Providers, Vendors, and Users
- Cloud Computing Pros and Cons
- Various Advantages Including Operational Ease, Peak Load Management, and Many Others
- Various Disadvantages Including Security, Data Movement Issues, and Many Others
- Finances and Usage
- Financial Ramifications of Capital Expenditures and Current Period Expenses
- Conceptual Cost Models within Growing and Shrinking Environments
- Selecting Appropriate Vendors, Technologies, Integrators, and Business Partners
- User Perspective
- Setting User Expectations and Understanding Their Concerns and Excitement
- How Cloud Computing Can Provide Strategic Advantages for Your Business
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.