Configuring and Administering Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012
- 3 Days
This Configuring and Administering Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 training class, students with the knowledge and skills to configure and administer Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012. Students will learn the history of Virtualization as it pertains to Microsoft technologies. Students will learn the new features of Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012. After completing this course students will be able to install, configure, and administer Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012. Students will also be able to describe the High Availability features built into Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012.
This course is intended for Network Administrators who are responsible for virtualization in their environment specifically Hyper-V.
- Learn to describe Microsoft’s virtualization technologies.
- Learn to implement Hyper-V.
- Learn to design and Manage virtual machine storage solutions.
- Learn to design and Manage virtual networks.
- Learn to design the Hyper-V host architecture.
- Learn to design the virtual machine architecture.
- Learn to design a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Virtualization Infrastructure.
- Learn to describe and manage Hyper-V Snapshots.
- Learn to describe Hyper-V host and virtual machine high availability.
- Learn to describe storage options for Virtual Machines.
- Learn to describe the different types of virtual hard disks.
- Learn to describe the Hyper-V integration services.
- Learn to describe Live Migration.
- Learn to understand Storage Migration.
- Learn to understand Virtual Machine Import.
- Deep understanding of Virtualization technologies.
- Prior experience with Hyper-V or other virtualization technologies.
- Previous storage configuration experience.
- Previous networking configuration experience.
- Planning for Virtualization
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Assessment of Virtualization Candidates
- Planning for Virtualization
- Planning for the Hyper-V Server Role
- Assess the environment by using the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks
- Installing the Hyper-V Server Role
- Plan for Virtual Switch Configuration
- Configuring Virtual Networking
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks and Virtual Machines
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Machine Snapshots
- Virtual Machine Import
- Creating Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating New Virtual Machines
- Modifying Virtual Machine Settings
- Creating and Modifying Virtual Machine Snapshots
- Import Virtual Machines into Hyper-V
- Configure Networking in Hyper-V
- Advanced features of Virtual Network Adapters
- Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Hyper-V Extensible Switch
- Configure NIC Teaming
- Configure Advanced Network Settings
- Scale-up Virtual Machines
- Overview of Scale-up options in Windows Server 2012
- Non-uniform memory access (NUMA)
- Hyper-v Scale Comparison
- Planning for Hyper-V Scale
- Configuring NUMA
- Hyper-V Replica and Disaster Recovery
- Overview of Hyper-V Replica
- Configuring Hyper-V Replica
- Hyper-V Replica Failover Operations
- Hyper-V Backup
- Configure Hyper-V Replica
- Configure Hyper-V Backup and Recovery
- Hyper-V Migration
- Live Migration Overview
- Storage Migration Overview
- Live Migration Security
- Live Migration using SMB
- Configure a Failover Cluster for Hyper-V
- Configure a Highly Available Virtual Machine
- Configure Live Migration using SMB
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.