Introduction to Photoshop CS6/Creative Cloud (CC)
- 3 Days
In this Adobe Photoshop CS6 class, students will learn to use Photoshop for sizing, image editing, and color correction. Students will also explore creative effects with brushes and other tools.
- Become familiar with the Photoshop workspace.
- Learn to work with images.
- Learn selection techniques.
- Learn how to collage images from various sources.
- Learn to create layer masks.
- Understand color models.
- Learn to use brush tools for painting and retouching.
- Understand basic color correction principles and techniques.
- Use the Layers panel for adjustments, clipping, and special effects.
- Learn to prepare final art for web and print.
- Learn design techniques for web.
- Learn to prepare final art.
- Experience with basic software programs such as Microsoft Word
- Although not required, using two monitors for this class is strongly recommended.
- Exploring the Photoshop Workspace
- Resetting the Photoshop Preferences
- Tools and Navigation
- The Options Bar
- Panels and the Panel Dock
- Image Size and Resolution
- Understanding Raster Images: The Relationship between Size and Resolution
- Targeting Resolution for Print and Web
- Using the Crop Tool
- Saving an Image for the Web
- Adding Canvas to an Image
- Selection Tools
- Simple Selection Techniques
- The Magic Wand and Quick Selection Tools
- Layer Masks
- The Refine Edge Feature
- Working with the Pen Tool
- Using Paths to Make Selections
- RGB and CMYK Color Models
- Working with the Brush Tool and Brush Panels
- Introduction to Brush Blending Modes
- Retouching and Restoration
- Using the Clone Source Panel
- Color Correction
- Using Blending Modes for Simple Color Correction
- Working with Adjustment Layers
- Advanced Layer Techniques
- Expanding on the the Basics
- The Black & White Adjustment Layer
- Clipping Masks
- Blending Images with a Gradient Mask
- Smart Objects
- Working with Type and Vector Shapes
- Vector Shapes
- Working with Type
- Designing for Web
- Creating a Simple Rollover Button
- Creating a Nav Bar
- Preparing Final Art
- Preparing an Image for Print Production
- File Formats
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.