|Following the acquisition of its former arch-rival Macromedia, Adobe Inc. has assumed a place of unrivalled dominance in the fields of multimedia, graphic and print production. In many of these domains, Adobe products are the technology-defining industry standards. These include:
- Photoshop, InDesign, Fireworks and Illustrator to create and manipulate documents and images;
- ColdFusion and Content Server for database management and server requirements;
- Flash and Flex and for more interactive, dynamic sites and rich internet applications;
- FrameMaker for authoring documents and creating efficient, reusable templates;
- Acrobat, for creation of Portable Document Format (PDF), the industry standard for portable content;
- Dreamweaver and Adobe Contribute for Web design;
- Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects for Video editing and visual effects.
- RoboHelp for providing context-sensitive Help internal to the application;
- and finally Adobe Captivate for the creation of eLearning software.
Extensive product descriptions, video demonstrations, and trial downloads are available for each application at the Adobe website.