Advanced MySQL Queries
- 1 Days
This MySQL training class helps students master SQL using a MySQL database. The class is useful for people who have to write advanced reports against a MySQL database and for developers who will need to build applications with a MySQL backend.
- Learn to do conditional processing.
- Learn to use ROLLUP and GROUP_CONCAT.
- Learn to use character and non-character SQL functions.
- Learn to use the LIMIT clause in SELECT and DML statements.
- Learn to examine database components.
- Basic SQL Skills
- Conditional Processing
- The IF Function
- The IFNULL Function
- The NULLIF Function
- The Case Expression
- Enhancing Groups With GROUP_CONCAT and ROLLUP
- About Group Processing
- Simple GROUP BY
- ROLLUP Function
- ROLLUP with IFNULL Function
- SQL Functions (Character)
- What Are SQL Functions?
- Character Functions
- Regular Expressions
- SQL Functions (Non-Character)
- Numeric Functions
- Date/Time Functions
- The LIMIT clause
- Using the LIMIT clause to display the first n records
- ORDER BY and LIMIT Clauses in UPDATE
- ORDER BY and LIMIT Clauses in DELETE
- Retrieving Database Information
- The SHOW and DESCRIBE Statements
- The INFORMATION_SCHEMA Tables
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.