Relational Database Design and Data Modeling
- 5 Days
This database design training class can be customized based on the students' experience working with and building databases.
It is based heavily on Data Modeling, A Beginner's Guide by Andy Oppel and Data Modeling Essentials by Graeme Simsion and Graham Witt. Both books are included with the course.
- Learn to design relational databases effectively.
- Data Modeling Concepts
- Introduction to Data Modeling
- Relational Database Components
- Data and Process Modeling
- Organizing Database Project Work
- Data Modeling Details
- Conceptual Data Modeling
- Logical Database Design Using Normalization
- Beyond Third Normal Form
- Physical Database Design
- Design Alternatives
- Alternatives for Incorporating Business Rules
- Alternatives for Handling Temporal Data
- Modeling for Analytical Databases
- Enterprise Data Modeling
Data Modeling: A Beginner's Guide
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.