MOC 6234 - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
- 3 Days
This SSAS training class teaches students how to implement an Analysis Services solution in an organization. The class discusses how to use the Analysis Services development tools to create an Analysis Services database and an OLAP cube, and how to use the Analysis Services management and administrative tools to manage an Analysis Services solution.
This SSAS class targets people who design and maintain business intelligence solutions for their organization. These individuals work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job and may perform database administration and maintenance as part of their primary job responsibilities.
The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server Analysis Services to the organization.
- Learn to describe how SQL Server Analysis Services can be used to implement analytical solutions.
- Learn to create multidimensional analysis solutions with SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Learn to implement dimensions and cubes in an Analysis Services solution.
- Learn to implement measures and measure groups in an Analysis Services solution.
- Learn to query a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
- Learn to customize an Analysis Services cube.
- Learn to deploy and secure an Analysis Services database.
- Learn to maintain a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
- Learn to implement a Data Mining solution.
- Conceptual understanding of the push and pull distribution/subscription paradigm.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping)
- Experience creating service accounts and permissions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- SQL Server Agent.
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).
- SQL Server System tables.
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
- Overview of Data Analysis Solutions
- Overview of SQL Server Analysis Services
- Installing SQL Server Analysis Services
- Lab: Using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Creating Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
- Developing Analysis Services Solutions
- Creating Data Sources and Data Source Views
- Creating a Cube
- Lab: Creating Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
- Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Configuring Dimensions
- Defining Attribute Hierarchies
- Sorting and Grouping Attributes
- Lab: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Working With Measures
- Working with Measure Groups
- Lab: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Querying Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
- MDX Fundamentals
- Adding Calculations to a Cube
- Lab: Querying Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
- Customizing Cube Functionality
- Implementing Key Performance Indicators
- Implementing Actions
- Implementing Perspectives
- Implementing Translations
- Lab: Customizing Cube Functionality
- Deploying and Securing an Analysis Services Database
- Deploying an Analysis Services Database
- Securing an Analysis Services Database
- Lab: Deploying and Securing an Analysis Services Database
- Maintaining a Multidimensional Solution
- Configuring Processing
- Logging, Monitoring, and Optimizing an Analysis Services Solution
- Backing Up and Restoring an Analysis Services Database
- Lab: Maintaining a Multidimensional Solution
- Introduction to Data Mining
- Overview of Data Mining
- Creating a Data Mining Solution
- Validating Data Mining Models
- Lab: Introduction to Data Mining
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.