SAP BI 4 Information Design Tool
- 2 Days
This SAP BI 4 Information Design Tool training class will give students the skills to create comprehensive SAP BI 4.x Universes. Students will learn how to create, document, test, maintain, and distribute Universes which will meet the reporting needs of their organization.
This course is intended for users that are new Information Design Tool (IDT) users. It is designed for users of SAP BI 4.x.
- Learn to understand IDT terminology and features.
- Learn to build complete Universes.
- Learn to design, test, document, and deploy Universes.
- Learn to create Universes which will meet the reporting needs of business users.
- No prior IDT experience is required.
- Familiarity with database design and SQL is very helpful.
- Training Objectives
- Overview of SAP BI 4.x Tools
- Course Book Overview
- Conventions Used In This Book
- Getting Started with IDT
- Starting IDT
- Creating a Project
- Defining a Database Connection
- Creating a New ConnectionOpening an Existing Universe
- Creating a Data Foundation
- Create a Data Foundation
- Selecting Tables
- Creating Joins
- Editing Joins
- Test Integrity
- Self Joins
- Shortcut Joins
- Derived Tables
- Resolving Join Issues
- Resolving Join Problems
- Solving Loop Issues
- Creating a Context
- Chasm Traps
- Fan Traps
- Creating a Business Layer
- Creating and Editing Objects
- Hiding Objects
- Object Properties
- Creating and Editing Measures
- Formatting Objects
- Creating Custom Objects
- Creating Detail Objects
- Prompt Objects
- Creating Time Objects
- Creating Condition Objects
- Creating Objects from Database Functions
- List of Values and Cascading Prompts
- Customized LOV
- Customizing an LOV from a File
- Cascading Prompts
- Performance Tuning
- Aggregate Awareness
- Setting Up Aggregate Awareness
- Index awareness
- Using Hierarchies
- Time Hierarchies
- Building Default HierarchiesPerformance Tuning
- Testing and Deploying the Universe
- Testing the Universe
- Refreshing the Universe Structure
- Access Restrictions
- Deploying the Universe
- Documenting a Universe
- Additional Resources
- Student Labs
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.