CompTIA® Healthcare IT Technician
- 3 Days
This CompTIAÂ® Healthcare IT Technician training will help you identify essential healthcare and IT concepts and terminology and how to integrate the two realms of practice.
The typical student for this course is an experienced IT professional in a role such as desktop support technician, network administrator, systems administrator, or database administrator, who is looking for opportunities within the healthcare industry or may already be working within the healthcare industry. Such students want to prove through certification that they have the knowledge and skills required to implement, deploy, and support healthcare IT systems.
- Learn to define and describe concepts and terminology that are fundamental to your understanding of the use of IT in a healthcare environment.
- Learn to describe the medical environment including its organization, stakeholders, and the most significant technologies.
- Learn to leverage core medical concepts to describe the use of IT in the medical workplace.
- Learn to describe the essential elements of computing including hardware, software, networking, and change control.
- Learn to provide IT support and solve IT problems in the medical workplace.
- Learn to integrate security best practices into your daily healthcare IT workflow.
- Basic Windows skills
- Fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.
- Healthcare IT Fundamentals
- Core Concepts in Healthcare IT
- EMR/EHR Issues
- Stakeholders, Regulations, and Standards
- HIPAA Controls and Compliance
- The Medical Environment
- Healthcare Organizations
- Medical Terminology, Equipment, and Software
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Computer Interfaces
- Using IT in the Medical Workplace
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Communication and Ethics Issues
- Legal Best Practices, Requirements, and Documentation
- Medical Document Imaging
- Sanitation Management
- Healthcare IT Technical Components
- Computing Essentials
- Manage Servers and Software
- Hardware Support
- Providing Medical IT Support
- Set Up a Workstation
- Troubleshoot Basic IT Issues
- Troubleshoot Medical IT Issues
- Implementation of an EMR/EHR System
- Change Control
- Manage Physical and Logical Security
- Implement Security Best Practices and Threat Mitigation Techniques
- Manage Remote Access
- Manage Wireless Security
- Perform Backups and Disaster Recovery
- Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIAÂ® Healthcare IT Technician (Exam HIT-001) Objectives
- Appendix B: CompTIA Acronyms
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.