Advanced Microsoft Access 2007 Training
- 3 Days
In this Microsoft Access training course, students learn some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities of Microsoft Access by structuring existing data, writing advanced queries, working with macros, enhancing forms and reports, and maintaining a database. Students also learn to share data with other applications, automate business processes by using VBA code, and secure and share databases.
This Access course is designed for students who have a thorough understanding of the basic and advanced user features of the Microsoft Office Access 2007 application, and are interested in learning introductory level administrator skill sets. The course is also for the student who may be working in a web-based environment and may need to adapt Access applications to the environment.
- Learn to restructure an existing set of data to improve the design of a database.
- Learn to use a variety of techniques to summarize and present data with queries.
- Learn to create and revise basic Access macros.
- Learn to create macros that improve data entry efficiency and integrity.
- Learn to improve the effectiveness of data entry in forms.
- Learn to improve the effectiveness of data displayed in reports.
- Learn to maintain an Access database by using various utility tools.
- Learn to share Access data with other applications.
- Learn to use VBA to automate a business process.
- Learn to create and modify a database switchboard, and set the startup options.
- Learn to secure databases.
- Learn to share databases using a SharePoint site.
- Basic Microsoft Access 2007 skills.
- Structuring Existing Data
- Analyze Tables
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve the Table Structure
- Writing Advanced Queries
- Create Subqueries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
- Group and Summarize Records Using Criteria
- Summarize Data Using a Crosstab Query
- Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
- Simplifying Tasks with Macros
- Create a Macro
- Attach a Macro
- Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Validate Data Using a Macro
- Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
- Making Effective Use of Forms
- Display a Calendar on a Form
- Organize Information with Tab Pages
- Display a Summary of Data in a Form
- Making Reports More Effective
- Include a Chart in a Report
- Print Data in Columns
- Cancel Printing of a Blank Report
- Create a Report Snapshot
- Maintaining an Access Database
- Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Manage a Database
- Determine Object Dependency
- Document a Database
- Analyze the Performance of a Database
- Integrating Access into Your Business
- Import XML Data into an Access Database
- Export Access Data to XML Format
- Export Data to the Outlook Address Book
- Collect Data Through Email Messages
- Automating a Business Process with VBA
- Create a Standard Module
- Develop Code
- Call a Procedure from a Form
- Run the Procedure
- Managing Switchboards
- Create a Database Switchboard
- Modify a Database Switchboard
- Set the Startup Options
- Distributing and Securing Databases
- Split a Database
- Implement Security
- Set Passwords
- Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Package a Database with a Digital Signature
- Sharing Databases Using a SharePoint Site
- Export a Table to a SharePoint List
- Import Data from a SharePoint List
- Publish a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Move a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Work Offline
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.