ASP.NET Web API Essentials Using C#
- 2 Days
This ASP.NET Web API Essentials Using C# training class provides a practical hands-on introduction to developing and consuming ASP.NET Web API services using C# and Visual Studio 2013. This Web development framework from Microsoft makes it easy to create HTTP services that can reach a broad range of clients. It is an excellent platform for creating RESTful Web applications. The course is current to .NET Framework 4.5.1 and ASP.NET Web API 2.0/2.1.
- Gain an understanding of what ASP.NET Web API is and why it is useful.
- Implement HTTP services using Web API and Visual Studio 2013.
- Consume HTTP services using both jQuery and the ASP.NET Web API client library.
- Handle different media formats and content variations in Web API services.
- Understand routing and binding in Web API.
- Perform validation of request data.
- Good working knowledge of C# and the .NET Framework.
- Introduction to ASP.NET Web API
- ASP.NET Web API
- Representational State Transfer
- REST and Web API
- HTTP Services Using Web API
- Using Fiddler
- Web API vs. WCF
- Web API and HTTP
- HTTP Response Codes
- Implementing POST
- Implementing PUT
- Implementing DELETE
- Media Formatters and Content Negotiation
- Internet Media Types
- Media Formatters
- JSON and XML Formatters
- Content Negotiation
- Accept and Content-Type Headers
- Using the Query String
- Custom Request Headers
- Document Object Model
- Sending AJAX Requests
- Implementing a Client
- Binding, Validation and Routing
- Reading Raw HTTP Requests
- Route Data, Query String and Request Body
- Binding to Simple Types
- Binding to Complex Types
- Validation Using Data Annotations
- Routing in ASP.NET Web API
- Using Default Routes
- .NET Clients
- Web API Client Libraries
- Issuing GET Requests
- Issuing POST Requests
- Other Requests
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.