MOC 10806 - Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint for Application Developers
- 2 Days
This SharePoint training is designed to highlight the differentiating features of Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint, and enable participants to implement effective search-driven applications using this add-on. Topics include: product features, search architecture, FAST Web Crawler, FAST Query Language, numeric refiners, FAST Search scopes, linguistic capabilities, advanced content processing, relevancy and ranking.
This course is intended for application developers and advanced system administrators working in the Enterprise Search area to extend FAST Search 2010 for SharePoint.
- Learn the product features, benefits, and usage.
- Learn to identity the search architectural components of the product.
- Learn to configure the FAST Web Crawler and describe FAST Search connector capabilities.
- Learn to construct FAST Query Language queries.
- Learn to configure numeric refiners and FAST search scopes.
- Learn to configure linguistics features like keywords, synonyms, stemming, spell checking, and offensive content filtering.
- Learn to implement advanced content processing.
- Learn to implement ranking profiles and optimize search results relevancy.
- At least two years of experience as a developer for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and/or SharePoint Server 2010.
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008 and supporting technologies, such as Internet Information Services.
- Experience deploying and configuring Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server Technologies.
- Familiarity with creating projects in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Familiarity with Microsoft .NET programming in Visual Studio 2010.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Experience deploying and configuring Search Applications for SharePoint Server 2010.
- Experience deploying and configuring FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
- Module 1: FAST Search Architecture
- Lesson 1: Product Differentiators
- Lesson 2: Search Architecture
- Lab: Architecture Walk Through
- Exercise 1: Architecture Walk Through
- Module 2: FAST Specific Connectors
- Lesson 1: Capabilities and Usage
- Lesson 2: FAST Specific Connectors
- Lab: FAST Search Web Crawler
- Exercise 1: FAST Web Crawler
- Module 3: FAST Query Language
- Lesson 1: Query Languages Overview
- Lesson 2: FQL Operators and Usage
- Lab: FAST Query Language
- Exercise: FAST Query Language
- After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Module 4: Refiners and Scopes
- Lesson 1: Extending Refiners
- Lesson 2: FAST Search Scopes
- Lab: Refiners and Scopes
- Exercise 1: Refiners
- Exercise 2: Scopes
- Module 5: FAST Search Linguistics
- Lesson 1: Keywords, Synonyms, and Stemming
- Lesson 2: Spell Checking and Offensive Content Filtering
- Lab: Working with Linguistics
- Exercise 1: Manage Keywords
- Exercise 2: Stemming
- Module 6: Processing Data Content
- Lesson 1: Content Processing
- Lesson 2: Property Extraction
- Lesson 3: Extend the Pipeline
- Lab: Content Processing
- Exercise 1: Create and Use a Managed Property
- Exercise 2A: Configure Property Extraction
- Exercise 2B: Create a Product Extractor
- Exercise 3: Extend the Pipeline to perform Sentiment Analysis
- Module 7: Relevancy and Ranking
- Lesson 1: Business Based Ranking
- Lesson 2: Working with Rank Profiles
- Lab: Relevancy and Ranking
- Exercise 1: Business Based Ranking
- Exercise 2: Rank Profiles
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.