Microsoft Project 2013: Digging Deeper
- 2 Days
This Intermediate Microsoft Project 2013: Digging Deeper class takes an in-depth approach to key features of Project 2013 including task entry and linking, resource and resource management, and examining and updating projects. You will learn to efficiently manage projects, create master projects and sub-projects, create and customize visual reports, work with resource pools, and learn about costing.
- Learn to work with the advanced formatting features of the Gantt chart and network diagrams.
- Learn to create master projects and subprojects in Project 2013.
- Learn to create customized project reports.
- Learn to work with resource pools.
- Learn about costing.
- Basic Microsoft Project skills including high comfort level navigating the program.
- Quick Review of Microsoft Project Basics
- New Features and Edition Comparison
- Using Help
- Microsoft Project User Interface
- Using the Ribbon
- Task Entry and Task Linking
- Working with Task Durations and Relationships
- Project Terminology
- Creating Constraints for Tasks in AutoSchedule Mode
- Resources and Resource Management
- Creating Resources
- Assigning Resources to Tasks: AutoSchedule Mode
- Assistance in Finding Resources with Available Working Time
- Assigning Additional Resources to Reduce Task Duration
- How Project Recalculates the Task Duration in AutoSchedule Mode
- Using Material Resources
- Managing the Project and Understanding Project Views
- Task Linking
- Outline Tasks
- Constraints and Deadlines
- Resource Assignments
- Inserting and Hiding Columns
- Customizing the Gantt Chart
- Editing Tasks Using the Gantt Chart
- Using Network Diagrams
- More about Tables
- Applying Filters
- WBS Codes and Viewing a WBS
- Examining and Updating the Project
- Amending Tasks
- Understanding Baseline and Interim Plans
- Tracking and Updating Tasks Effectively
- Viewing Progress Lines
- Understanding Project Costs
- Creating a Budget
- Project Deliverables
- Printing and Reporting
- Printing Project Views
- What You Can Print
- Reports by Report Type
- Multiple Projects and Resource Sharing
- The Resource Pool
- Updating the Resource Pool
- Consolidating Projects
- Comparing Project Versions
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.