Transitioning to Microsoft Windows 8 and Office 2013
- 1 Days
This Microsoft Windows 8 and Office 2013 training takes into account that mobile devices are widely used. As a result, many business professionals find themselves performing a greater number of work-related tasks, from a variety of devices, regularly. You may find yourself included in this group of multiple-device users, although you might still perform a significant amount of your work from a desktop or a laptop computer. Being able to access your work from nearly anywhere is a matter of convenience and efficiency, but it also has its drawbacks. Some devices simply don't have the ability to run many of the applications you use in an office setting. You have likely experienced the frustration of trying to review a document from a mobile device only to encounter an error message.
With the release of Windows 8 and Office 2013, Microsoft has made strides in bridging the gap between your laptop or desktop PC, and a variety of mobile devices. This course is designed for students who wish to make a switch from using a PC running on the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system with foundational knowledge and skills in Office 2007 or 2010 to using a PC running on the Microsoft Windows 8 operating system with Office 2013 in a business or work-related environment.
- Windows 7 operating system and Office 2007 or 2010.
- General use of personal computers and related peripheral devices.
- Navigating the Windows 8 Environment
- Log in to Windows 8
- Navigate the Start Screen
- Navigate the Desktop
- Working with Common Features
- Use Modern Apps
- Use the Charms
- Use File Explorer
- Use the Control Panel and the Task Manager
- Customizing the Windows 8 Environment
- Customize the Start Screen
- Customize the Desktop
- Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2013
- Common Features
- Office 2013 and the Cloud
- Working with Microsoft Word 2013
- Edit a PDF
- Work with Tables
- Edit Documents
- Read Documents
- Working with Microsoft Excel 2013
- Streamline Workflow with Templates
- Accelerate Data Insertion with Flash Fill
- Incorporate Charts
- Analyze Data
- Working with Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Apply a Theme from the Start Screen
- Leverage the Enhanced Presenter View
- Incorporate Objects
- Working with Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Navigate Through Mail, Calendars, Contacts, and Tasks
- Connect to Social Networks
- Using Internet Explorer 10
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.