Microsoft Windows 10: Transition from Windows 7
- 1 Days
In this Microsoft Windows 10: Transition from Windows 7 training class, students with a prior knowledge of Windows 7 will be able to perform common tasks within the Windows 10 environment.
This course is designed for students who wish to switch from using a PC running on the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system to using a PC running on the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system in a business or work-related environment.
This course is not available yet but willl as soon as courseware is published in September.
- Learn to navigate the Windows 10 environment.
- Learn to personalize the Windows 10 environment.
- Learn to work with apps and desktop applications.
- Learn to manage Windows 10.
- Learn to browse with Edge.
- Learn to secure your computer.
- Learn to back up files and your system.
- To ensure success, students should have a prior working knowledge of the Windows 7 operating system, and be proficient in the general use of personal computers and related peripheral devices. Specific tasks the students should be able to perform include: launching and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders.
- Navigating the Windows 10 Environment
- Log In to Windows 10
- Navigate the Desktop
- Navigate in Tablet Mode
- Personalizing the Windows 10 Environment
- Personalize the Desktop
- Get to Know Cortana
- Use Cortana as a Personal Assistant
- Working with Apps and Desktop Applications
- Use Windows 10 Apps
- Use Desktop Applications
- Multitask with Apps and Desktop Applications
- Use File Explorer
- Browsing with Edge
- Browse the Web
- Use Cortana in Edge
- Managing Windows 10
- Configure PC Settings
- Use the Desktop Administrative Tools
- Work with Dual Monitors
- Securing Your Computer
- Use Windows Defender
- Set New Password Types
- Use Other Security Features
- Backing up Files and Your System
- Use File History
- Create and Use Storage Spaces
- Refresh or Reset Your PC
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.