Essential F# Programming
- 2 Days
F# is a functional programming language and hence adopts a style which bows to both procedural and object-oriented methods. It derives from the need to express things almost mathematically, but using algorithms and formulas implemented in programming language syntax.
This training course is designed for experienced programmers that need to start developing F# applications.
- Learn to write, maintain and debug F# console applications
- Learn to make effective use of some of the core F# functionality
- Learn to write functional-based and object-oriented code.
- Experienced in a block-structured language such as Pascal, modern variants of Basic, Smalltalk, Ada, C or C++, Java
- Familiar with concepts such as functions or procedures, control flow, arrays, and structures or records
- Knowledge of C++, Java or the other .NET languages is neither assumed nor required
- F# Program Quick start
- Describe the basic components of a F# application
- Describe the process used by both the F# interpretor and the F# compiler
- Write a simple F# program
- Simple Datatypes and Operators
- Use and define primitive datatypes
- Use and define identifiers
- Use operators and operator precedence
- Use conversions and scope
- List some of the non-primitive types
- Control Flow
- Use boolean operators and conditional selection
- Use iteration and looping constructs
- Aggregate Data
- Describe the concept of arrays, lists, tuples and sequences
- Perform simple manipulation on aggregate data
- Make an educational choice between aggregate types
- Implement and invoke functions
- Describe function type-constraints and data passing mechanisms
- Describe specialised usage of functions
- Object Models
- Model real-world problems
- Define classification and functionality
- Use object-orientation and encapsulation
- Define and use objects
- Defining and calling member functions
- Define object construction
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.