- 2 Days
The C# and VB programming languages support a number of language features specifically used to enable Language Integrated Query (LINQ). This Linq programming training class begins by detailing each of these language constructs (including extension methods and lambda expressions). Once the foundation has been laid, attendees will learn to build query expressions using LINQ query operators and the underlying LINQ object model. The remainder of the class will examine how to apply these query expressions to object containers, relational databases, XML documents, and in parallel using PLINQ.
- Learn C# and VB constructs which enable LINQ.
- Learn to create LINQ query expressions.
- Program with LINQ to Objects.
- Program with LINQ to Entities.
- Program with PLINQ/TPL.
- Program with LINQ to XML.
- This class is intended for experienced .NET 2.0 software developers. No knowledge of LINQ is assumed.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming using C# or VB.
- NET 2.0 development experience.
- LINQ-Centric Language Features
- Understand Implicitly Typed Local Variables
- Understand the Role of Extension Methods
- Understand Object Initialization Syntax
- Understand Anonymous Types
- Understand Lambda Expressions
- An Introduction to LINQ
- Understand the Motivation behind LINQ
- Visual Studio LINQ Support
- Debugging LINQ Query Expressions
- Work with Query Operators and Query Expressions
- Program with LINQ to Objects
- Understand Deferred and Immediate Execution
- Know the Role of the System.Linq.Enumerable Type
- Know the Role of the System.Func Delegate Type
- Understanding the Query Operators/Delegates/Lambda Relationship
- LINQ to Entities
- Define LINQ to Entities
- Understand the EF Programming Model
- Generate Entities Using Visual Studio 2010
- Know the Role of Object Services
- Know the Role of the Entity Client
- Examine the Format of *.edmx Files
- Apply LINQ Queries to Relational Databases
- Understand the Role of the TPL
- Work with the Cancelation Framework
- Execute Tasks to Free Up UI Threads
- Invoke Workloads in Parallel
- Execute LINQ Queries in Parallel
- LINQ to XML
- Understand the Role of LINQ to XML
- Work with the LINQ to XML Object Model
- Examine the System.Xml.Linq Namespace
- Use LINQ to XML to Create, Query and Save XML Documents
- Insert and Remove XML Data Using LINQ to XML
- Examine VB's XML Literal Syntax
- Work with VB XML Axis Properties
- Understand the LINQ to XML / XML Literal Relationship
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.