- 1 Days
In this Microsoft Publisher training class, students will learn to use this desktop publishing software application that is capable of producing greeting cards, certificates, newsletters, and other printed publications. Publisher offers a large selection of "building blocks" that can be dragged into your documents, helping you to create page elements such as calendars, newsletter sidebars, and borders. Our instructor-led online classes are conducted in the 2013 version of the software. Your instructor will point out the minor differences between versions where they exist. For our custom instructor-led online and onsite classes, we use the version of the software you use in your office.
- Become familiar with the Publisher environment and start working on a publication.
- Modify the layout and structure of a publication.
- Format text in a publication.
- Edit the contents in a publication.
- Format graphics in a publication.
- Prepare a publication for distribution.
- Familiarity with using personal computers and a mouse and keyboard (basic typing skills are recommended).
- Comfort in the Windows environment and ability to use Windows to manage information on computers.
- Ability to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
- Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher
- Explore the Interface
- Customize the Publisher Interface
- Create a Publication
- Adding Content to a Publication
- Add Text to a Publication
- Organize Text Boxes and Picture Placeholders in a Layout
- Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
- Apply Building Blocks
- Formatting Text in a Publication
- Format Text and Paragraphs
- Apply Paragraph Styles
- Apply Schemes
- Editing Text in a Publication
- Edit Text in a Publication
- Present Content in Tables
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Adding and Formatting Graphics in a Publication
- Add Graphical Objects to a Publication
- Manipulate the Appearance of Pictures
- Preparing a Publication for Sharing and Printing
- Save a Publication
- Run Design Checker
- Preview and Print a Publication
- Share a Publication
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.