MOC 10979 - Microsoft Azure Essentials
- 2 Days
Get hands-on instruction and practice implementing Microsoft Azure in this two-day Microsoft Azure Essentials training class. You will be presented with basic cloud computing concepts as well as specific Microsoft Azure features used in day to day administration of cloud resources. You will learn key Microsoft Azure concepts and basic implementation of Azure subscriptions, websites, virtual machines, storage, virtual networks, databases and Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have a limited knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure. This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all IT professionals who will be using Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator. While this course does not map to an exam, it does provide you with the prerequisite knowledge for taking MOC 20532 - Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions and MOC 20533 - Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have a limited knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure. This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all individuals who will be evaluating Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator. This course also provides the prerequisite knowledge for students wishing to attend course 20532A Microsoft Azure for Developers, or course 20533A Microsoft Azure for IT Professionals.
The audience will include: (1) individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and virtual machines using Microsoft Azure; (2) developers who want to evaluate creating Microsoft Azure solutions; (3) Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate the migration of on-premises roles and services to the cloud; (4) IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Microsoft Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services; and (5) database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Microsoft Azure to host Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Learn to describe cloud computing, Microsoft Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Learn to describe and create Microsoft Azure websites.
- Learn to create and configure virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
- Learn to create a Microsoft Azure virtual network.
- Learn to describe and configure Microsoft Azure storage.
- Learn to describe and deploy databases in Microsoft Azure.
- Learn to describe and configure Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- A basic understanding of websites.
- A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Users, Domain Controllers.
- A basic understanding of database concepts including tables and simple queries.
- Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
- What Is Cloud Computing?
- What Is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription Management and Billing
- Lab: Using the Microsoft Azure Portal
- Add a Co-Administrator
- View Billing Data
- Websites and Cloud Services
- Create and Configure Websites
- Deploy and Monitor Websites
- Create and Deploy Cloud Services
- Lab: Websites and Cloud Services
- Create a WordPress Website
- Create a Cloud Service
- Virtual Machines
- Create and Configure Virtual Machines
- Configure Disks
- Lab: Create a Virtual Machine in Microsoft Azure
- Create a Virtual Machine from the Gallery
- Verify the functionality of the Virtual Machine
- Attach a Data Disk
- Virtual Networks
- Getting Started with Virtual Networks
- Creating a Virtual Network
- Implementing Point-to-Site Networks
- Lab: Create a Virtual Network
- Creating a Virtual Network
- Creating Virtual Machines from the Gallery
- Add Point-to-Site Connectivity
- Cloud Storage
- Understand Cloud Storage
- Create and Manage Storage
- Lab: Configure Azure Storage
- Create an Azure Storage Account
- Create and Manage Blobs
- Upload Files
- Microsoft Azure Databases
- Understand Relational Database Deployment Options
- Create and Connect to SQL Databases
- Lab: Create an SQL Database
- Create a New SQL Database in Azure and Configure SQL Server Firewall Rules
- Add Data to an SQL Database in Azure by Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Azure Active Directory
- Manage Azure AD Objects
- Manage Authentication
- Lab: Create Users in Azure Active Directory
- Create an Azure AD Directory
- Create Users in Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure Management Tools
- Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure Cross-Platform Command-Line Interface
- Lab: Using Microsoft Azure Management Tools
- Use the Azure PowerShell Modules
- Use the Azure Cross-Platform Command-Line Interface
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.