Introduction to Internet Technologies
- 2 Days
You use the Internet regularly, for both work and personal purposes. But now, for various reasons, you want to learn about the technical side of the Internet: What constitutes the Internet? How is a website developed? What are the emerging trends and technologies on the Internet? In this course, you will examine the technical aspects of the Internet.
- Explore the history and development of the Internet.
- Learn to describe how computers communicate across the Internet and describe the technologies that enable Internetworking.
- Examine the various constituents and technologies that enable the World Wide Web.
- Explore website development and maintenance.
- Learn to describe the various aspects of Internet communication services.
- Examine various security issues related to the Internet.
- Learn to describe the present trends and emerging technologies of the Internet.
- Exploring the History and Development of the Internet
- Overview of the Internet
- Overview of the World Wide Web (WWW)
- Origins and Development of the Internet
- Examining the Working of the Internet
- The Physical Structure of the Internet
- Data Movement Across the Internet
- Internet Protocols
- Internet Addressing
- Internet Access
- Examining the World Wide Web
- Explore Websites
- Examine Web Clients
- Examine Web Servers
- Explore Web Applications
- Explore Web Addressing
- Search the Web
- Exploring Website Development and Maintenance
- Website Development
- Web Content Authoring
- Web Graphic Creation
- Web Programming
- Web Hosting
- Website Maintenance and Administration
- Exploring Internet Communication Services
- Electronic Mail (Email)
- Transfer Files Through the File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Instant Messaging (IM)
- Internet Forums
- Internet Telephony
- Online Gaming
- Examining Internet Security
- Internet Security Issues
- Overview of Security Tools
- Ecommerce Security Issues
- Configure Security Settings in a Browser
- Getting Familiar with Emerging Internet Trends
- Current Web Trends and Technologies
- Emergent Internet Technologies
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.