Web Design and Usability Techniques
- 2 Days
For many new or intermediate Web designers, it's difficult to know where to start when designing a site. It's easy to make the mistake of assuming that the functionality of a site will take shape over time, or the design will fall into place as you build the site. This web usability training class provides guidance in how to plan and design functional, successful web sites.
- Learn to gather information to create a web site.
- Learn to create a mock-up for a site.
- Learn to develop content for the Web.
- Learn to perform usability testing on a Web site.
- Learn to publicize a Web site.
- Planning a Web Site
- Determine the Site Mission
- Determine the Audience
- Choose a Domain Name
- Organize Content
- Determine Technologies for a Site
- Creating a Mock-up
- Choose Images
- Choose Colors
- Apply Design Principles
- Create a Mock-up
- Developing Readable Content for the Web
- Choose Fonts
- Improve Readability
- Site Testing
- Perform Usability Testing
- Validate a Site
- Publicize a Site
- Increase Search Engine Rankings
- Market a Site
Head First Web Design
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.