Creating Google Maps Mashups
- 1 Days
Students taking this course will learn how to incorporate Google maps into their own web applications. The Google Maps API allows you to easily create mashups, which combine your own data with graphical maps. The API gives you the ability to add the "where" to your web application. Best of all, it's all free.
- Learn to code using the Google Maps API
- Learn to add your own data to Google maps
- Learn to draw maps, annotations, and routes
- Learn to respond to button clicks, dragging, and zooming operations
- Learn to use the geocoder web service to determine latitudes and longitudes
- Learn to build Ajax mapping applications
- Ajax as taught in Webucator's Ajax Training course.
- Google Maps
- A Brief History
- Here's the Game Plan
- For Those in a Hurry...
- The Simple Map
- Adding navigation components
- Setting the initial map type
- Creating a Point and an Info Window
- The Excruciating Details
- Core Objects
- Map Controls
- User Data
- Core Objects
- Map Control Objects
- Changing the Map Type
- Putting it all together
- User Data Objects
- Info Windows
- Event Handlers
- GMarker Events
- Simple Examples
- A Real-World Example
- DHTML and AJAX
- Geocoder Web Services
- Revisting the Real-World Example
- Where do we go from here?
InterSource Geneva, a premier Information Technology training firm, offers over 400 different courses on server, database and programming technologies, as well as end-user classes for the most popular office, graphics and design applications. We serve clients in Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Zurich) and throughout Europe (France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.).
InterSource offers custom, private courses at client sites, standard public courses in our Geneva classroom, and online training via live Web conference. Training is offered in English and many other languages (Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano.)
For an overall view of our offerings, please visit us at www.intersource.ch.