Advanced JBoss EAP / WildFly Server Administration
- 4 days
- Learn to review the server structure, architecture, and usage.
- Learn to gain in-depth knowledge of working with the CLI, it’s management model, and the operations it makes available.
- Learn to deploy applications with the CLI and with auto-deployment.
- Learn to configure network interfaces and socket bindings.
- Learn to understand application dependencies, including implicit and automatic dependencies, and how to configure them.
- Learn to work with and configure the ActiveMQ Artemis (formerly HornetQ) messaging subsystem via the XML config and the CLI, including address settings configuration, producer flow control, and security settings.
- Learn to learn about and use RBAC (Role Based Access Control).
- Learn to mask sensitive strings (e.g. database passwords) with the Vault mechanism.
- Learn to set up, work with, and manage server clusters.
- Learn to configure, use, and customize the Infinispan subsystem for replication (HTTP and SFSB) and caching, including as a second-level Hibernate cache.
- Learn to set up and work with server domains.
- Learn to manage domains and application deployments to a domain with the CLI.
- JBoss Server - A Quick Overview
- JBoss Server Family - JBoss AS, EAP, WildFly
- Server structure and layout
- Architecture Review
- Modular Classloading / JBoss Modules, Application Dependencies
- Profiles and Subsystems
- Exploring the XML Config Schema Files
- Management Tools
- CLI Overview/Review, Management Tree Structure, Addressing, Operations
- CLI Command Files and Scripting
- Using Properties in Command Files
- Exploring the Management Model
- Management (Web) Console Review
- Interface and Socket Bindings
- Review of Interface/Socket Binding Configuration
- Working with Socket Bindings and Socket Binding Groups
- Bind Addresses and Port Offsets
- Application Deployment
- CLI Deployment
- Auto Deployment Review and Management with the CLI
- Deployment Classloading
- Classloading Precedence - Implicit, Automatic, Explicit
- Controlling Classloading - jboss-deployment-structure.xml
- ActiveMQ Artemis Overview and Configuration
- Configuring Destinations
- Configuration of Address Setting (for Dead Letter, Redelivery, and Security
- Paging Configuration and Producer Flow Control
- Management via the CLI
- Security Review - Security Realms and Security Domains
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Encryption Overview
- Masking Sensitive Strings Using the Vault
- Clustering and Replication with Infinispan
- Clustering Review / Setting up a Cluster
- Infinispan and Replication Overview
- Infinispan Subsystem Configuration
- Customizing Replication
- Infinispan and JPA - Using Infinispan as a second level cache
- Configuring and Managing Domains
- Domain Mode Review - Structure and Configuration
- Managing Controllers and Servers (Console and CLI)
- Managing Deployments
- Advanced Topics
- Operating a Domain without a DC
- Handling Controller Restarts after Config Changes
- Running Controllers in ADMIN_ONLY Mode
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.